family

family

Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!


I absolutely loved Pres. Monsons talk yesterday during conference. I'm sure like all you other moms you felt like he was talking just to you. I loved it when he talked about the finger prints being everywhere, the toys spread out across the room, and the piles of laundry on the floor and how we need to not stress those things but appreciate what made them. Lately there have been so many days where I just stare at the piles of laundry, the piles of dishes, and the toys all over the living room and think, "I am such a bad wife and mom. My house should be spotless, after all I'm a stay at home mom right?" But just as I get rid of one, and start on the other, another one appears. It's a never ending battle! And plus, playing with Brit is way funner:) And I hardly have time for that. So after the talk, I began to realize that I'm not going to have much more time to just sit and read a book with him, or sing songs, or just play with his cars. And when he's 18 I know I won't look back and think, "Man I wish I would have kept the house cleaner!" I'll be thinking about HOW MUCH I MISS MY LITTLE BABY!!! Now unfortunately this doesn't mean I can stop doing these things, but I know I don't need to stress so much about them and just take them in stride!

0 comments: