family

family

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sandhallow

Yesterday we decided to soak in the sun and take a trip to the lake. And boy was it a beautiful day! It wasn't too hot, the water wasn't too cold (chilly, but not freezing), and there was NO WIND!! I know, no wind, what a miracle! We packed up some lunch, snacks, floaties, sunscreen, and all that good stuff and headed to Sandhallow. This is my favorite lake in Southern Utah and it's only 15 minutes away from our house. For those of you who don't know about it, it's like a mini mini mini Lake Powell. And I mean mini! The only bad part about it is that the rest of St. George loves it too. So it can get a little busy. But when we got there, we found a spot that was good for fishing and had a little beach for us. Justin headed out to fish and Brit and I hit the water. The water was pretty cold, but Briton loved it! He splashed around and ate a little sand, but had a great time.



Jaron, Kari, and Camdyn arrived a few minutes later and we enjoyed basking in the sun. Which you will soon see I needed greatly. My back looks like it had never seen the sun. But don't worry, it's bright red today! OUCH! Anyways... Kari and I took the babies out in their floaties and let them kick around for a while. They both thought that was pretty fun. And they didn't seem to mind how cold the water was so that's good. They played a little on the sand and then we went to the blanket to relax. After a while Cam and Brit were both ready naps and I had to work so we got packed up and headed home. It was such a nice day and I can't wait to do it again.


0 comments: