family

family

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Our BIG Boy!

We took him into the doctors yesterday for his 9 month checkup. He weighed 23.2 lbs which is the 83rd percentile. Thats down a little from his 6 month percentile, but once again his height is off the charts. He measured 31 1/2 inches! He is just so tall. He is taller than a lot of 2 year olds we have in our ward. He's on track to be a tall kid, but only time will tell. So he's crawling... sorta. He can do it, but he just won't. He'll crawl for a few feet and then sit back down and spin. He goes from his from his hands and knees to his butt, over and over again. It is so weird. But it gets him there too! We just can't figure out why he won't just crawl all the way there.


This is also a fun thing he's doing. He crawls to the book shelves and pulls out the books, dvds, paper, and just whatever he can get his hands on. You leave him alone for 2 seconds and this is where he'll be when you return. I feel like I am constantly putting these things away. One day i'll get smart and just move them higher, but until that day comes, this is what he'll be doing:)


I promise I dress him sometimes. He's not always in his diaper!

AND I NEED HELP!!!!

Did you notice the not empty bottle behind him in the last picture? I CAN NOT get him to drink his bottle. He won't let me hold him to drink it and when I lay him down to drink it he immediately gets up and is done. So then i've put him in his crib to drink it cause he can't go anywhere and he finally drinks it. But now i'm worried that has set me up for my next problem. And this might be normal, but it has just started for us in the last 2 weeks. When we lay him down in his crib for a nap he sits up or stands up and at times just SCREAMS!!! We let him do that for sometimes an hour! It is rediculous! He can be so tired, but as soon as we lay him in his crib for a nap he does NOT want to sleep. I know he has to cry himself to sleep sometimes, but everytime and for that long? What do I do? Or is there anything I can do? So if you have any suggestions for getting him to drink the bottle out of the crib and any help for nap time we would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the "happy" not sleeping yet pictures, but this doesn't happen much:)

0 comments: