Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there! This is my first Mothers Day as a mom and I know it's a day just like any other but today I was able to sit for a while in Relief Society and reflect about all the incredible mothers in my life.
The first is my mom. What an amazing woman she is. Words can not describe what kind of a woman she is and how much she means to me. One goal in my life is to be half the woman she is and what an accomplishment that would be. One day I only hope to be able to have dinner on the table for my family to gather around together, with the house clean, laundry done, homework finished, beautiful flower gardens surrounding the house, to do lists done, service projects completed, and even if I'm I stressed to all ends, I will have a smile on face. Just like my MoM! I love you mom!
And to my mother in law. Thank you so much for raising such a wonderful son. I wouldn't be anything with out him and he wouldn't be the man he is with out you. You've raised him to be honest, hard working, loving, and passionate about life. Thank you!
I also had many friends mothers who made such an impact on me growing up and I thank you for being such great examples.
Now as for me being a mother, it still FREAKS ME OUT! How in the world am I going to do it? I have many philosophies on how I want to raise my kids, but when it comes down to it, how am I going to do it? I have learned very quickly that things are not what I have expected them to be. They are so much harder, so much more tiring, so much scarier, but SO MUCH BETTER! The joy that baby boy brings me is hard to describe. He is just amazing! And I know that I will not be raising him alone. I have the most amazing husband by my side always. I also have my Heavenly Father and the gospel to turn to when I need help the most. So maybe, just maybe they will turn out alright.

Once again Happy Mothers Day to you all!




0 comments:
Post a Comment