family

family

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Little Angel!

So here's the story and a lot of pictures!

We got the call at 5:oo am that told us to be at Labor and Delivery at 6:30 on Friday, March 27. Justin was able to go back to sleep for just a little while, but I could not sleep! I was starting to think about all the things that I didn't get done and also thinking about how my labor was with Brit. So I was getting some MAJOR butterflies.

We arrived there and they got me all checked in and hooked up and they finally got me on the PIT at 9:00. My doctor came in and broke my water and then it was just a waiting game. I was starting to be pretty uncomfortable and asked for my epidural and boy was it wonderful. It made the waiting a lot easier and I was actually able to nap a little. My doctor came in around 1:15 and I was only at a 6. Hadley wouldn't drop because she was facing the wrong way so he told me he would see me later that afternoon. So he left, the nurse turned me onto my side to try to get the baby to move and bam. I felt a ton of pressure and sure enough, it was time. They called my doctor who was on his way back to his office and he turned around. It happened so fast. We went from thinking we'd be a lot longer to the nurses quickly rolling in all the gear. It was crazy. Now I'll save you from the details and just tell you that I pushed 5 or 6 times and at 1:46 pm she was out! It was beautiful and so was she. She had the cord wrapped around her neck and they figured she hit my pelvis pretty hard when she dropped so fast, so her face was as bruised and purple as a plum. They weighed her and she was 8 lbs. 6 oz and 19 inches long. (We later discovered she was longer than that though and was measured at 20 1/2 inches.) Everything was perfect!


You can see her bruised face if you look close.

Grandpa Phillips brought Brit in after a while. When he first walked in he was scared to death because he saw me on the bed hooked up to all those things and with the name tags on my wrists. He hates those! He hung out around dad for a little while until he first heard her cry. Then he had to go see what made that sound. The first picture is of him checking her out for the first time. He was so concerned every time she cried. It was so cute. She was finally done with all her tests and he got to see her up close. He was so good and just touched her head and he even gave her kisses. It was so cute and I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxing actually. I got up to my new room just in time for basketball to start and we all sat in there enjoying the games and some really good hospital food. I was very impressed! That night I sent the baby to the nursery and they only brought her in to feed and I also sent Justin home so we could all get a good night rest. The next morning I had a few visitors, ate some more good food, and headed home. I've been very lucky to be able to go home fast with both my babies. There's No Place Like Home:)

At home things were crazy but wonderful. I was surrounded by family and friends! I got a few naps in and just enjoyed the company.

Justin doesn't agree with this next part much, but he let me do it anyways:) I love you! I got Brit a little Cabbage Patch doll so that he could take care of a "baby" too! Justin has named him "Ricky Bobby" because the name they gave him was dumb. So far he's given it lots of hugs and kisses and he likes feeding it his bottle. I think it's a hit and will really help him adjust. He's only thrown it against the wall once so far! And speaking of Brit. He was able to go spend this whole week in Richfield and even though we miss him like crazy and the house is WAY too quiet, I'm glad I could take a little break from him! I can't imagine how women recover with a 20 month old running around the house. I'm pooped and it's just the 2 of us at home all day.
Well we love her more than words can say and are just so excited to have her here and have her a part of our little family! She's almost a week old and yet we already see her beautiful personality coming out!
Here are a few pictures of her from the last few days. Her bruising is almost completely gone, but her bloodshot eyes from the cord around her neck will be here for a few more weeks. So you'll see that in a few pictures.



Her 1st bath! She loved it, can't you tell.

Hadley getting ready to get her foot poked for blood work. She has been at High Risk for Jaundice or how ever you spell it. She never had to go under the lights and she finally went down to low risk today. YAY!!! We had to go get her blood tested everyday and I was sure sick of it.

You can see her bloodshot eyes really good in the 2nd picture. How sad:(

Little Glo Worm

This binki makes me laugh. It's takes up half her face, but she loves it and is so good at keeping it in her mouth.

6 comments:

Travis and Lindsey said...

She is beautiful, and I cannot believe how much of her brother she has in her! Sounds like things went perfectly and you're doing well. Once we get over these colds we would love to come and visit. We will give you a call sometime in the next couple of weeks. Take care!

Megan said...

congrats mother of two! she is darling, dang it i want to have a baby to cuddle, enjoy you know it doesn't last long. thanks for sharing your birthing story it was an interesting one. i'm glad all is well.

The Brindley's said...

Sounds like everything went smooth. I hope things go that well for me. Channer had his cord wrapped around his neck too. Kinda scary, he had a blood shot eye for his first month of life too. You brought back all the labor and delivery memories and now I am nervous all over again. She is a doll!! CONGRATS again.

The Beals said...

Hey Katy! I check in on your blog from time to time.. hope you don't mind.. ;) Your baby is sooo cute! How fun! Girls are awesome! Your little guy is so adorable! Hope you guys are doing great!

Kristin said...

She is such a doll. I am so glad she is finally here! now all of our lives can settle down a bit! Well, I mean at least none of us will be having babies for a bit - unless Melanie or Kaysie have something to tell us! I love the doll idea - it works so well, and boys need to practice being daddies too!

brandon and jakell said...

How fun...it makes me so baby hungry :) She is so adorable!

You will have your hands for for a little bit, but its so worth it :)

I love the doll idea, so cute!

Its funny my HadiLee had almost the same experience. Although her face was not as blue/purple as Tryen's when he was born, it still was a little and she had the cord wrapped around her neck 4 times and they actually had to roll her on the bed to get it unwound faster, there was enough cord to get her out all the way and do so, it was crazy. They say it is very rare its wrapped more than 3 times. Kinda scary.