family

family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I survived....

So I did it. I made it through my first week of Preschool. I really have some cute kids and am excited about each class. I have 11 kids in my 4 yr old class and 5 kids in each of my 3 yr old classes. I only teach 4 hours a day, Monday-Thursday and still have tons of time to spend with Brit. For me, it's a dream come true. I just hope it keeps going good! Cross your fingers for me:) So I guess with this post I'll show everyone all the hard work that has gone into making it possible. Before I was going to have it in my living room/dining room area and it would have worked fine, but would have been a little cramped. Then we decided to figure out a way to have it in our garage. We knew we would have to sacrifice putting our cars outside, but that it would be worth it.

We started by cleaning the whole thing out. Luckily it wasn't too big of a disaster!



Then, we got the floor all scrubbed (which was a pain) and ready for the new garage flooring. We painted on the apoxy floor and then sprinkled the chips on top. It looks pretty good and is supposed to last for a long time.



Next we painted the walls blue and made two squares. One for the white board paint and the other for the magnetic and blackboard paint.. We got them painted and framed them all out. I love them and think they make it look great out there. They are also things our kids will be able to use when they get old enough. Hopefully they will write on those walls, not my walls inside.



About this time we realized the AC units we were hoping would work to cool it down was just not cutting it. We tried to figure out the best way to get it cool out there and all of them required putting a hole in our wall. So we decided if we're gonna put a hole in the wall, we might as well get some natural light in there and put in a window. So that is what we did. Well not we as in me, but Justin and Craig. And they did a great job! We still have to finish the stucco outside, but the inside looks awesome!



Okay, so now it's time for all the finishing touches. We had my dad make the vinyl alphabet and numbers and stuck them up on the wall. Once again, they look great! (Can you tell I LOVE IT out there!!) We got a few cubbies for storage, put our armoire and tv out there so Justin could have his Man Cave. Which if you can't tell, it's a little more of a Preschool than a man cave, but as soon as he catches another big Bass I promised him he could get it mounted and put it out there. That might help a little:) My sweet sister and brother in law gave us some carpet remnants that they weren't using and it gave the kids a soft place to play. They look great so thanks so much Jen and Craig! And last but not least came the shapes, colors, magnetic letter, calendar, names, and all those little classroom things to finish it up. Two of those cupboards are full of toys!

I could not be happier with it and am so excited to have it as part of our home. I think the Preschool kids love it and their parents too. Briton loves going out there to run around and play with all the toys. I also want to thank Justin for all the hard work he put in to really make a dream come true. You have been so supportive of all my crazy ideas to get this started and I couldn't have done it without you. You worked so hard to make this work and I really couldn't thank you enough. I love you so much!

7 comments:

JaKell and Brandon said...

that looks so good, how fun! Good luck!!!

Travis and Lindsey said...

You guys did a great job, it looks AWESOME!! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with the preschool, and hope you get feeling better soon!

Quinn and Linds said...

So Cute!!! You guys did an amazing job. Lucky little kids that get to have Mrs. Katy as their teacher. I am excited to see you guys at Nat's wedding!! You are coming right?

Kacey! said...

That is just cool for you! How neat is that to be able to do that with your husband!! I wish you lived closer!! I live clear over in the Green Valley Area...maybe I'd be able to make it work somehow, I would really like tallen to be able to go to someone I know....and you know what else would be cool....I went to your mom for preschool...and tallen could go to you for preschool!!! What days, how many hours, and what to you charge? I stil think that would be so neat for tallen to be able to come to you!

Michelle said...

Katy... I'm so glad you put pictures up. It looks so good. I wanna come visit. I haven't seen you forever (the quick visit on the 4th of July doesn't count). I'll call you!

Megan said...

The preschool looks great! That was a great idea to have it in the garage. Congrats on baby number two!

Cami said...

Katy!! that is so fun, i love your new pre-school! I bet the kids (and the parents) love it. You guys did a great job. Looks like you are staying busy. hopefully you are feeling well. I run into your mom alot, its so fun. thats what happens when you move to richfield you run into everyones parents! ha call me next time you come to visit!