family

family

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lake Powell



I have missed this place so much. I can't believe it had been 2 YEARS since I had been there. And we couldn't have picked a better week to go, except for the fact that Justin couldn't go:( But the weather was BEAUTIFUL. There was hardly any wind, the water temp was low 80's, the temperature outside was perfect, and the moon was huge all night long! I loved staying up and watching it come up over the mountains each night, which also would have been better with Justin! But we had such a good time. It was my family and the Whittakers on the houseboat, and down the beach a ways was Devin and ALL his crazy Armenian companions from his mission. There were 10 of them. Briton wasn't a big fan the first day and was super clingy to mom and grandma the whole trip, but he started enjoying the water more and more each day. I don't think he liked the waves coming in all the time on the beach, but he got used to them after a while and then played in the sand and water for hours! He played with the truck and shovels and loved putting sand on momma. He also liked the boat rides and he took many naps on the boat. I think I was pretty lucky because most babies won't nap at Powell, but Brit was so worn out all time that when I layed him in his pack n' play he would almost look at me like "thank you" and go right to sleep. What a good boy! Oh yeah, and on Sunday we met up with the Nays (my aunt and uncle and cousins) and Lindsey and Quinn and went exploring the Canyons and we found the Infamous Sand Hill. It was a little bit of a hike, but a pretty hike, and we were all so excited to see it. We spent many hours at this sand hill when we were younger and even though it had no water and the bottom, a few still climbed to the top just to roll down in to more sand:) Way to go Michael and Ben! We sat around reminising for a while and then headed back to the water to cool off! So this trip was just a great trip. Here are some fun pictures. Enjoy!

I thought these little feet prints were so cute

Bob'n

Thats me and Brit on the left!

He could have played in this bucket all day long.

A few words he learned at powell were "splash" and he finally said "grandma".

1 comments:

Quinn and Linds said...

It was so fun to see you guys!! Quinn and I need to venture down your direction again for a visit! Congrats on your new addition...how did you end up telling your mom?