I can't believe it's been 5 years! Time sure flies when your having fun and when you're spending it with your best friend. We have experienced so much together in our five years together and I can't even imagine what lies ahead for us.
Here's our little love story...
After I graduated from good ol' RHS I headed down to SUU. I was a naive freshmen just wanting to have fun, work at Hogi Yogi, and make straight A's. I met Justin my first semester in EDUC2020. He had been home from his mission for a while and just doing what all boys do that age, riding skateboards down slides and big scary hills with his best friend Jaron, working at Wells Fargo, and of course getting all the girls. I had a boyfriend back home in Richfield and I really didn't talk to him much in the beginning. I would see him at the bank when I went to put money in and would come home and tell my roommates about the HOT teller at Wells Fargo. I had also made friends with his cousin Jaime and finally towards the end of the semester we spoke a few times. I still remember the 1st time I spoke to him. He had this red DC sweatshirt on and I told him I liked it. HOW LAME!! But I must have made some impact on him! We also were in the same group for a final project. After meeting all together one night at the library to work on the project I was going to take it home and finish it up. He called me and asked if I needed any help. I told him I was fine and hung up. I didn't realize at the time that he was calling so he could come over and hang out. WOOPS!!! Like I said before, NAIVE FRESHMEN!!! So after the group project was finished, we talked more and more during class and I was falling for him! During this time I had plans to go visit my boyfriend over Chirstmas who had just moved up to Wyoming with his family. I told Justin I was going up there and I probably wouldn't call him when I got back. It would be too complicated! But, that obviously wasn't the case. I called him the second I got home, went and saw him a few days later, and the rest is history. We spend every day together from that day on. He took me snowboarding, on picnics, rides in his Tacoma up Cedar Mountain, camping trips, fishing trips, spotlighting for deer, and so much more. He had stolen my heart!
We got engaged in the end of April, spent the summer apart (which was torture), and got married August 1st, 2003!


This place was beautiful. It was an old mill turned Bed and Breakfast up in Midway, UT.
What a Hottie!

We got married in the Manti Temple. It was a beautiful day!
The rain came down in the afternoon and almost spoiled our outdoor reception, but the clouds cleared and the reception was wonderful! We left for Cedar, and while eveyone was cleaning up, it started raining again! Lucky us. We went to Vegas the next day and then to Hawaii for an AWESOME Honeymoon.
So there it is. 5 years have come and gone. And I can't wait to be writing another one of these each year for the rest of our lives. Justin, I love you so much! Thanks for sweeping me off my feet and showing me what Love is!




1 comments:
It was fun to read your story, I didn't know all of the details. Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment