I'm a month late at doing this post, but better late than never. Here are a few things about Hadley at ONE!
*She weighed in at 21 lbs 3 oz 54th percentile
*She was 30 inches tall 76th percentile
*She's not walking yet, but getting closer. She still just walks on her toes. She can stand up by herself for a second, but just has no desire to walk. I can't wait til she does because her knees are so rough and her pants are all worn out on the knees. And I feel bad putting shorts on her because it just makes her knees worst.
*She still isn't sleeping through the night consistently. She surprises us every once in a while, but for the most part she still gets up once.
*She still puts everything in her mouth. If its on the floor its fair game for her. Im constantly digging stuff out.
*She loves her bottle. Im not sure we're ever going to be able to get rid of it.
*She eat everything you put in front of her. But she especially loves mac and cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, sandwiches, cereal, hotdogs, and toast with jam. She especially loves the messy ones. And its easy to know when she's done because she starts throwing the remaining food on the floor. And then I will finally get her down and she tries to eat off the floor. I sometimes think she eats more off the floor than her plate.
*She is such a daddy's girl. She gets so excited when he gets home and if he doesn't go right to her she cries until he picks her up. She would much rather cuddle with daddy than me. Sometimes its nice, but of course it makes me a little jealous:)
*She will also go to any man over a woman. In church she will just crawl right up to a complete stranger and lift her arms up in hopes that he'll pick her up. She loves her uncle Craig and will crawl straight to him and sit in his lap with out a care.
*She loves to sing and dance. She gets her arms going and bounces up and down. Its pretty funny!
*She loves to irritate her big brother. Brit gets all his toys and cars all lined up and she will crawl over and take one and crawl away as fast as she can with a big smile on her face. It's hilarious right now, but I'm sure here in the future it will get pretty old.
*She is very wiggly and doesn't like to hold still for very long. Its a fight to get her to sit in her high chair or wagon without her wiggling out of the straps. I don't know how she does it, but no matter how tight I get the straps she still gets out.
*She is a climber. She climbs on chairs, tables, stools, and anything else she thinks she can do. She gets high centered a lot and then screams, but she's getting pretty good and scaling about anything. She's face planted it a few time off things she shouldn't be crawling on, but she's so quick, its hard to catch her.
*She loves to read books. She will go over and sit by the book shelves, pull some books out and look at the pictures. She points to everything and talks to herself and then turns the pages.
*She is starting to notice the TV and will watch it for a second and smile and laugh when Brit does. She mostly pays attention to it when there is music on. She was rocking out to Princess and the Frog the other night! And she Loves Backyardigins!
*She points at EVERYTHING. We will be walking or driving or just sitting at home and she'll point to something. She then goes on to tell you all about it. I just wish I knew what she was saying.
*She is saying a few words. She says "dada" and "mama", "yum yum" when she's eating, I think she tries to say "Brit" but its more just like slurring B and a bunch of other sounds. It always sounds the same though:) She is also starting to say "dog".
*She loves being outside! As soon as the back door opens she is out the door. She doesn't like to crawl in the grass and so she'll either stink bug it over to the sandbox or crawl on the edge of the cement. She loves playing in the sand, but her favorite thing to do is put the rocks in the sandbox. It's such a pain to pick them back out, but it keeps her entertained for a long time. She also loves to swing. Oh and her and Brit discovered worms the other day. Brit layed them out nicely on the sidewalk, just for her to come and pick them up. And like I said before, EVERYTHING goes to the mouth. I'm still not sure if she ate any before I discovered what was going on. YUCK!
*She loves shoes. It's weird going from a child who Never wears shoes and fights every time you want to put them on him, to one who finds them laying around and tries to put them on herself. She will sit there and try forever too. She gets so excited when I put them on here and if she is throwing a fit while you change her diaper, just give here a shoe and she's all the sudden and angel!
*She is so hard to get dressed and change her diaper. She is SUPER wiggly and also strong. It takes some mad skills to get her dressed everyday. A few weeks ago a babysitter just put her to sleep in her clothes because she couldn't get her to hold still long enough to put PJ's on. What a pill!
*She is still the prettiest thing ever and we just love seeing her grow. I am still amazed at her beautiful big blue eyes and of course she always got that big smile on her face. What an angel! We love you Hads!




2 comments:
I just LOVED reading that because she sounds so similar to my Chestyn (climbing, eating, grass, books, teasing brother, etc, etc.) I need to do an update like this too. She sure is a cutie!!
I can't believe she is one already. That year jsut flew by. She sure sounds cute. I love your new photo. I am so glad you put this update on. Hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment