family

family

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Desperate!!!!

So for the last 4 or 5 months we have been trying to get Hadley to cry herself to sleep. It only took Brit a few nights of screaming and he was good. Hadley is a different story. We let her cry and 5 minutes later she has puked everywhere. All over her crib, sheets, floor, blankets, doll, and anything that was 2 feet away from the crib. So what do we end up doing. scrubbing everything down, throwing in a load of laundry, then laying her down with a bottle(something I swore I wouldn't do). I was always good to go in a few minutes later and get the bottle out of her crib and she never had it just resting in her mouth, but I'm sure she had milk/formula in her mouth still and I would stress about her teeth, but I just didn't know what else to do. She wouldn't let us rock her or pat her bum to sleep either. Going to sleep with the bottle was the only thing she would do. The same goes for her nap. Like I said, I stress about her teeth and also the fact that she has to have a bottle to get her calmed down. So here it is, 5 months later and its still happening. She is the puking QUEEN!!! Her room smells like puke, her blankets and sheets are permapuke smelling, and lets not even talk about her carpet! No matter how many times I've scrubbed it and febreezed it, it still reeks!! I am at my whits end and just don't know what to do!! Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I am up for anything!!! I really am desperate for ideas. I usually don't get a lot of comments, but like I said before, IM DESPERATE!!! Any input would be nice! Oh and we also can't have her cry herself back to sleep in the middle of the night cause the same thing will happen. And she wakes Brit up. So if we let her cry we are cleaning up Puke AND trying to get Brit back to sleep! She usually only wakes up once or none, but man!!!! I AM SO DONE WITH PUKE!!!

6 comments:

Tam ♥ said...

Sorry i dont have any suggestins but i hope you find another way, have you tried looking up anything about putting them to sleep on google??

-j said...

I don't have kids, but I found an article that has some good tips. It starts out kind of guilt laden about "abandoning" your child - but it seems to give some good tips.

Good luck!!

-j said...

haha here is the link http://life.familyeducation.com/sleep/toddler/52585.html

Cami said...

this won't help... as you are looking for other ways... but my twins had a bottle and went to sleep with it until after they were a year old. i always worried about their teeth too but it was the "easier" thing to do. then they would drink their bottle on the couch and then I'd go lay them down right after. NOW they just drink milk from any cup but they still like to drink before bed. they just don't need it in bed. sorry that doesn't help. but maybe she just likes a drink before bed?

my friends little girl used to puke in bed and i think they kept taking her out when she would first cry, go get a drink and then go back to bed. but i'll have to ask her again...
hope you figure it out! that is no fun

Chris & Jennie said...

Oh man Katy, I'm sorry. Kate didn't end up sleeping through the night till 11 months old -- and it took weeks of letting her cry it out. Have you tried a "white noise" cd? My pediatrician recommended that. We would just lay her down and play her white nosie cd really loud; it seemed to calm her a little more quickly. Good luck!

Cookie Craving said...

Our boys are incapable of calming themselves down to sleep. They don't sefl soothe. Our pediatrician told us to use over-the-counter melatonin. It's just sold with the vitamins, etc...it's totally safe because our bodies produce it naturally. Just ask the pharmacist what dose he recommends based on her body weight. We give Jav 1/2 tablet of 300 microgram every night about an hour before bed. It doesn't make him drowsy, just helps calm him down so he can fall asleep easier. We are about to start Gatlin on it cause he can't sleep without being wrapped because he can't calm himself down. The melatonin has been a life saver. Try it!