family

family

Sunday, November 15, 2009

BITTER SWEET

Today I was released from my calling as Primary 1st Councelor. It was such a bitter sweet day for me. When I found out a few weeks ago I had such mixed emotions. I thought I would be jumping for joy but that was not my first emotion. I've realized how much I loved serving all the sweet kids in our ward. And the ladies I served with are now my BEST friends. It was a tough 2 years with 2 babies of my own, and 3 other ones being born between the other 3 ladies, some very sick times where there were only 3 instead of 4 and some times only 2 or 1, and of course all the other things that come up. I look back at it now and of course realize that it wasn't that bad and even though it seemed tough at the time, we made it through and it made us so much stronger. I learned so much about serving, loving, and listening to the spirit. Many times I learned the hard way because of my stubbornness, but I eventually figured it out:) I also learned so much from all the kids that I have been with. I have seen so many come and go over the past 4 years (1 1/2 as chorister) and have seen them grow into beautiful people! I gained a stronger testimony because of their strong testimonies.

Today I taught sharing time for the last time and was prepared to say goodbye to the kids and maybe shed a few tears. But it wasnt that easy. I broke down at the beginning of junior and the end of senior and then had to stop myself many time during the lessons and songs from breaking down again. (I even made a few kids cry, whoops!) I know I'll still see most of them everyday around the neighborhood and all the time on Sundays, but knowing that I won't be able to feel of their sweet spirits each Sunday truely breaks my heart. Now that today is over though, I am beginning to get excited about whats coming next. I dont know what I'll do in RS. I think I've only been in there a dozen times in my whole life because I've always been in Primary. It might be nice just sitting and listening to others teach instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. (which after 2 years I was still doing every Sunday) And this might sound silly, but when I was younger I saw moms with thier babies in RS and just couldnt wait for that day. I only had 2 or 3 weeks of that with Brit before I was called to Primary so I am really excited to take Hadley in there. I'm sure once I get in there with her I will only want to take her out because she'll be disruptive, but oh well!
So we'll see whats next, cross your fingers for something little, like maybe a teacher once a month, or maybe even the bell ringer!!! I can handle that!

2 comments:

Angi said...

I loved being Primary Pres. I too loved being there each week to feel of the sweet spirits that were in our care. I am sad for you that you will not have that each week but your next endeavor will be just as needed and you will love it just as much.

The Sutherland Family said...

I can imagine that would be hard. I have been in nursery for a year and you kind of just learn to love those little crazy kids somehow! I'm sure the primary is totally different but you know what I mean. Good luck with your next calling!