Justin and I were so lucky this weekend to have great parents who love us, well... mostly love spending time with our little boy. Justin's parents came down to stay with Brit while we took off to one of our favorite places for a night away from home. We went to Zion Friday evening for a movie and dinner. Dinner ended up being Dairy Queen in Hurricane, because we got away late, but we went to Inkheart at Zion's theatre and really enjoyed it. Justin has read the book and of course I haven't, so I liked it a lot more than he did because apparently it's way different from the book. After the movie we checked into our hotel and just relaxed. The next morning we went to breakfast and drove around the park. It was freezing and had snowed during the night so we went on one small hike and saw a couple waterfalls and cool snow woman. It was just so beautiful with the snow! We couldn't resist snapping some pics.



Unfortunately I had to work at Olive Garden that night and so we had to head back home. Even though it was short and sweet, we loved the get away and only wish we could do it more often! Especially because what we came home to. We decided to finally paint our nursery and figured since Justin's dad was down we should put him to work. We also decided that since he was helping us with the nursery we should paint our master bathroom too! AND THEN last minute we decided to paint the other bathroom too! So we painted all weekend long. But we got a lot done and when we get all the finishing touches I will post some pics. Oh and did I mention Valentines at Olive Garden was CRAZY!!! I got there at 4:00 and there was already an hour wait. The wait went to 2 hours pretty soon after that and then finally at 10:15 we were off the wait. Now that's not a bad thing usually, but when your 33 weeks pregnant, those trays get heavy after a few hours of running and running! Needless to say I got home and crashed, along with Justin and Randy who had painted all day long! Fun Valentines day huh?!? No it was a good weekend and we loved having Justin's parents at our home.
4 years ago




1 comments:
I want to see pictures of your nursery! We've just been talking about colors and how we want to paint it, so I want to see what you did. SO...how's it been working at Olive Garden while pregnant? I work at The Happy Sumo and I've wondered how long I'll survive! You're doing awesome though, 33 WEEKS and still going strong good for YOU! :) I'm just wondering so I can plan on how long I think I'll stay. Good luck!
Post a Comment